ABOUT - Ana Carolina`s Official Biography
"A profile of the Argentinian / Slovakian soprano who is not your ordinary run of the mill singer!."It´s not every singer, who can switch from Tchaikovsky, Verdi to Dvorak and Mozart to a tango, but that´s the Argentinian - Slovakian soprano Ana Carolina Diz"
- Czech Music Radio Show, London -
Soprano Ana Carolina Diz has been performing on many opera houses and concert halls for more than two decades. Her vast repertoire spans both lyric soprano and spinto roles including concert repertoire, chamber music, music of the 20th century, zarzuela, operetta and academic tango with Camerata Tango. She also appears in numerous private concerts as well as in radio and TV programs.
She studied singing and piano, she eventually graduated as “Music Teacher" and "Singing Teacher” at the Academy of Music Arts in Buenos Aires.
She has never stopped studying, after obtaining an international scholarship from the Slovak government, she has got study degree with honors of Magister art in Singing from the Banska Bystrica Music University. Having completed her studies with honors, the Slovak government once again granted her a scholarship to study Ph.D in Musicology at the Faculty of Philosophy in Bratislava.
She has attended classes of such prestigious artists as Vlasta Hudecova, Marcelo Alvarez, Peter Dvorsky, Prof. Eva Blahová, Prof. Gabriele Lechner, etc.
The soprano has performed the title roles as: II Wood-sprite from the Dvorak’s opera Rusalka; Mrs Nolan from the Gian Carlo Menotti’s opera The Medium; Nedda from the opera I Pagliacci, Giulietta - I Capuletti e i Montecchi, Lucia from the opera Mateo by Martin Palmeri , also included Mozart`s roles Contessa; Arminda, Bastienne, Donna Elvira and Verdi`s roles as Maria Grimaldi from Simon Boccanegra, Elisabetta from Don Carlo, Tatjana from Eugen Onegin by P.I.Tchaikovsky, etc.
Ana Carolina has played also with the Bratislava Ladies'chamber Orchestra, ViennaTechnical University Orchestra, Vienna String Chamber Orchestra, Pressbaum Orchestra, Summer Music Festival Trenčianske Teplice, Old Town Summer Festival Bratislava, International Festival Musica Sacra Nitra, International Theatre and Opera Summer Festival Zvolen, United Nations Vienna, Altes Rathaus Vienna, International Festival Tamaulipas Mexico, Slovak National Radio Orchestra, Slovak Sinfonietta, Bratislava Symphony Orchestra, Bohuslav Martinu Philharmonic, Zyklus Frauen Café Braunau , Festival des Spittelberg Theaters Wien, International Choir Festival Voce Magna, International Music Festival Las Palmas - Gran Canaria, Metropolitny Orchester Bratislava, The State Philharmonic Orchestra Kosice, State Opera of Banska Bystrica, Moravian Theatre Olomouc, National Theatre Brno, Slovak National Theatre.
Special mentions & Awards:
Special prize for the best interpretation at the international singing competition Belvedere, 2000.
Special recognition at the International Singing Competition Neue Stimme, 2000.
International scholarship of the Ministry of Education of the Slovak Republic for Magister artium studies (Mag. art.) studies at the Academy of Fine Arts, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia. After her musical formation in Argentine, she won an international prize by the Slovak Government to study with a scholarship a Master degree at the Academy of Performing Arts in Banska Bystrica. She finished the Master degree on Singing with highest honors, 2001.
International scholarship of the Ministry of Education of the Slovak Republic for Ph. Dr. studies in Musicology at the Faculty of Philosophy of Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia, 2005.
Special mention of the Slovak Ministry of Culture. In 2008 she received a special recognition from the Slovak Ministry of Culture as "The best representative Artist" of the country, to which belong the most successful artists of the Slovak Republic, 2008.
- “SONGS” TIBOR FREŠO & BARTOLOMEJ URBANEC Ana Carolina Diz, soprano – Ladislav Fanzowitz, piano, 2018.
- ANA CAROLINA DIZ & CAMERATA TANGO Argentinian tango pieces by Astor Piazzolla and others for voice, violin, violoncello and piano, 2017.
- SONGS - by ALBERTO GINASTERA & FRANCESCO PAOLO TOSTI made of 21 pieces for voice and piano to celebrate two musical anniversaries: 100 years since the death of the 19th century Italian Romances' composer Francesco Paolo Tosti and 100 years from the birth of the Argentinian composer Alberto Ginastera, 2016.
- ZARZUELA GALA with romances and zarzuela arias for soloists and orchestra. live performance from the International Music Festival, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, 2015.
- BALADA TRISTE DE TROMPETA from the music film Balada Triste de trompeta by Roque Baños for soprano and orchestra, 2015.
- CASTLEVANIA from the music game Castlevania: Lords of the shadow mirror of fate by Oscar Araujo for soprano, choir and full orchestra, 2013.
- Ana Carolina Diz is a singer who knows no frontiers. Her repertoire ranges from sacred to chamber music and solo opera roles to zarzuela and the intersection with contemporary music. Inspired by music as a means of freedom of expression, she continues to develop as a singer original and new ways of interpretation also on the new and non-conventional music repertoire -